Sales position in commercial builder’s hardware. The scope of this position includes providing excellent customer service to customers in person and over the phone. Have an understanding of our products and pricing structure in commercial construction of hollow metal door, frames, architectural wood doors and commercial hardware. Basic understanding of City of Chicago building codes and construction materials is helpful when communicating with our customer base of contractors, building owners, job superintendents and/or maintenance personnel. Seek new opportunities to bid on jobs, call on customers and follow up on completed projects. Responsible for clarifying and communicating with the customer regarding quotations, drawings, and specifications. Pay performance commission based.
- Flexible multi-tasker
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Applicable mathematical skills and attention to details
- Some experience in commercial building construction industry
- Familiar with architectural wood and hollow metal doors & frames
- Computer Literacy (i.e., Knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Self-Motivated, ability to work independently and forward thinking
- Positive work attitude and ethics
- Construction experience is a plus
Position subject to background check, pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol testing policy.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: Depends on experience in industry + pay to perform commission
Follows City of Chicago mandates