History

Schuham Builder's Supply Co., Inc. (SBS) is a well established family owned and operated business. For over 80 years Schuham has flourished at several locations in the Chicago area. In 1926, Schuham Builder's Supply became one of the first distributors for Schlage locks.

Over 65 years were spent at 3401 W. Chicago Ave. and 943 Spaulding Ave. In 1992 Kenneth Schuham's son, Richard moved the commercial business to 4640 N. Elston Ave. Kenneth Schuham saw the business through growth and the move to 4640 N. Elston Ave. Kenneth Schuham never retired and passed away in 1993 at the age of 86. The business is still currently owned and managed by the Schuham Family.